- Owned & Operated by: First United Methodist Church since 1949,
- Lodge built in 1971 Click sign for Directions
Christian Facility for: Overnight Retreats, Church Meetings, Family Reunions, Day camping, Receptions, Picnics
- Contact for Information:
PRINT BROCHURE & Rates
Address for GPS: 183 Lindbergh Dr Palmyra, PA 17078
- Mailing Address:
- First United Methodist Church
- 520 E Birch St, Palmyra, PA 17078
Camp Seltzer History
On September 13, 1949, a seven plus acre parcel of land was given to the then Evangelical United Brethren Church of Palmyra by Harry & Annie Seltzer. Prior to this time, Harry and Annie used this land for a place for weekend getaways. There was a one room cabin on the land that was also used by the Palmyra Girl Scouts in memory of Nellie Engle, founder of the Palmyra Girl Scouts in 1919. The flag pole now stands at our BBQ pit. The Seltzers presented the property for use in promoting the spiritual, social and physical life of the members and friends of the church.
On May 15, 1971, construction began on the lodge mainly with labor donations form church members. On Sunday, September 27, 1971 a cornerstone laying ceremony was held at 4pm.
The camp building consists of a first floor 50’ x 50’ assembly area, a woodstove, full kitchen, bathrooms and enough tables and chairs to seat 60 people. The basement consists of two separate bunk rooms with showers and bathrooms on each side. A side sleeps 30 people.
During the summer months, the early church service is held at the “Chapel in the Woods’ at the camp. The Chapel consists of a cross, wood podium and wood altar. Those attending like the outdoors experience and bring along a comfortable lawn chair to sit on. There are benches for those who prefer not to carry a chair.
Improvement and additions have been made over the years: new bunk mattresses, the Richard Norton Memorial Garden; plastic folding tables; new windows and a nice wood shed.