Our curriculum provides a nurturing Christian environment in which children will gain self-esteem and confidence as they build life-long learning skills, i.e. problem solving, critical thinking, etc. The learning environment includes both structured learning time, as well as play-based centers that help students build social and cognitive skills, grow emotionally and increase listening skills, attention span and vocabulary. Creativity and self-expression are stimulated through various artistic opportunities. Christian values are shared through the use of Bible verses, Bible songs, Bible stories and prayer at snack time.
Developmental Area Focus
Cognitive: Mental or thinking skills, problem solving skills. Ex. Puzzles, building, dramatic play or any decision making choices.
Physical: Small motor skills include small muscles in fingers and hands. Ex. Cutting, writing, coloring, stringing beads, etc. Large motor skills include large muscles in arms and legs. Ex. Hopping, skipping, running, jumping, walking, climbing, etc.
Social: Learning to communicate and get along with peers. Beginning to share or work on a project with others, being part of a group.
Emotional: Children need experiences that allow them to feel good about themselves. Children will be encouraged and never humiliated as we help them develop healthy self-esteem.
Creative: Children need opportunities to make choices throughout the day. Choosing materials for art or play allow children to express themselves.
- Art Experience: Fine motor skills are developed through a variety of art media which encourages self-expression.
- Block Corner: A variety of blocks, cars, trucks and trains are available for active play.
- Educational Toys and Games: Small motor and cognitive skills are strengthened while playing with puzzles, games, manipulatives and imaginative toys.
- Dramatic Play: Children create storylines and build social skills by playing in kitchen areas, vet offices, grocery stores, and more!
- Sensory: Playdough, sand, rice, beans, and other sensory explorations are provided regularly.
- Reading Center: A relaxed area designed for children to enjoy books & teachers to promote literacy through circle time.
- Science Table: Science is experienced by observations and experiments. Nature is discovered through “hands-on” exploration.
- Water Table: Pouring water and other materials into various shaped containers provides a unique way to enjoy water and explore measuring and spacial relationships.